S.A.A.M. 2019

Here we are, April 2019. For those that don’t know April is the month set aside by the National Sexual Violence Resource Center to bring awareness to sexually based crimes. For the past several years I’ve participated in SAAM here on my blog sharing different articles I found interesting, and adding my own two cents here and there on the topics often brought to the surface during SAAM.

This year, I’m going to do something a bit different. Instead of writing my own posts I’m going to share this wonderful little booklet here with you all.

This is a peek inside Turquoise Boot Straps: A Survivor’s Thoughts by Rebecca MacCeile; available now on Amazon in both Kindle and paperback format. Check it out!

ACCORDING TO THE NATIONAL SEXUAL VIOLENCE RESOURCE CENTER

* 1 in 5 women and 1 in 71 men will be raped at some point in their lives.
* In the United Stares 1 in 3 women and 1 in 6 men experienced some form of contact sexual violence in their lifetime.
* 51.1% of female victims of rape reported being raped by an intimate partner and 40.8% by an acquaintance.
* 52.4% of male victims report being raped by an acquaintance and 15.1% by a stranger.
* 49.5% of multiracial women and over 45% of American Indian/Alaska Native women were subjected to some form of contact sexual violence in their lifetime.
* 91% of victims of rape and sexual assault are female, and 9% are male 
* 1 in 8 out of 10 cases of rape, the victim knew the perpetrator.
* 8% of rapes occur while the victim is at work.

The problem of sexual violence runs rampant, and yet rape is the most under-reported crime; 63% of sexual assaults are not reported to police. Of the remaining 37% reported less than 10% are found to be false claims. The facts are clear, and still the culture that would rather victims of sexually based crimes remain silent prevails.

Join Rebecca MacCeile as she throws off the shackles of silence and raises her voice. Turquoise Boot Straps: A Survivor’s Thoughts provides a glimpse into her journey of self-discovery while tackling many controversial topics at the height of the MeToo era.

ABOUT THE AUTHOR

Rebecca MacCeile is a loving wife and mom to three rambunctious kids, twin boys and a girl. She has been an avid blogger, blogging about her life and the challenges of marriage since 2011, motherhood since 2012, and the recovery process she went through after being diagnosed with PTSD in 2013.

ALSO BY REBECCA MACCEILE

Candy Apple Butterscotch: A Memoirh

Novelties: A Collection of Unfinished Short Stories

You can find the most up to date information about Rebecca and her upcoming projects online at: www.rebeccasbookshop.com

PRAISE FOR CANDY APPLE BUTTERSCOTCH

“This is one of those books that really hits home if you’ve had a terrible relationship. Not like a bad breakup over something stupid…but the kind where you’re totally convinced that this horrible person is your soulmate.”

“The accounts of the trauma are laid out in such a way that you know what’s happening and are able to imagine it but you aren’t bombarded with intense graphic imagery, which I appreciate as a survivor myself. Would definitely recommend!”

“This amazingly written gem takes you inside the author’s world and keeps you there, making you feel like a discreet “bug on the wall.” I could not put it down.”